Big and Bold Poinsettia by Colorado Craft Company

I use the Slimline Big and Bold Poinsettia stamp set from Colorado Craft Company to make these two cards.


For both cards I stamped the image on red cardstock with Versamark ink after wiping the cardstock with an antistatic powder.

The cardstock measured 3.5″ x 8.5 for the slimline card and I just used a scrap piece of cardstock that was big enough for the image for the second card as I fussy cut around it to layer on the card.

Then I heat embossed the stamped images with gold embossing powder. Note for the slimline card I stamped and embossed the sentiment at the same time while I had all my supplies out for embossing.

Once that was done for the standard A2 card I fussy cut around the image which was very easy and quick to do as there is really only one side that needs cutting on each image so even if you are person who does not like to fussy cut, this design is perfect for you as it could not get any simpler.

I then ran another piece of matching red cardstock through my diecut machine with a coverplate die and then trimmed it down to 4′ x 5 1/4″ Then adhered the embossed images to this piece with some foam tape to give it some dimension. I then matted this piece on some gold paper and adhered it to my card front. I took a piece of the same gold paper I used for my mat and cut a strip to fit across the card front and attached my die cut sentiment to the gold piece.

For the slimline card:

After the piece was embossed I stamped the same image on a piece of Masking Magic and then fussy cut it out. Note I only cut around the edge that was on the card front where I would be ink blending. I left the overlap as it both saved some time and helped protect my card from any ink getting where I did not want it.

I then placed the masking magic on that card covering the embossed images


I then used some distress ink, ink this case aged mahogany, to do some ink blending to create a bit of shadow and dimension to the card. Once I was satisfied with the amount of ink I had, I removed the masks and stored them with my stamp set so I will be able to use them again on another card.

I applied a small amount of the aged mahogany to the centers of the flowers and gave a light wipe to remove any ink from the embossing.

Lastly, I adhered the panel to a slimline card base to complete the card.

Pin It on Pinterest