This is another card made using the Floral Silhouette stamp set from Hero Arts. I love how each card gives a very different look. This one I used embossing glazes from Tim Holtz and I love how it turned out.
To start I cut a piece of white Bristol cardstock to fit a slim line card knowing I was going to mat it and wanted a border as well. The whole card 31/2″ x 81/2″ so the white embossed piece is approximately 3″x8″.
I wiped my cardstock with an antistatic powder and then stamped various images from the floral set randomly on the paper with Versamark ink.
Then I sprinkled various shades of embossing glaze over the embossing ink using my fingers and very lightly sprinkling some colours on. I then gently tapped the paper from underneath it to move the glaze powder around so that it would stick to the embossing powder. There was not much glaze left but I did quick flip of the card panel over the garbage can to get rid of the excess powder. You could keep it but since it was various colours all mixed together and it was such a small amount, I don’t bother personally. I then took a fine brush and brushed any loose grains of powder that might be where I don’t want them and heat set the glazes once I was happy. Note if you feel like there are any areas that don’t have enough glaze you could always add a bit more glaze and heat again or if needed add some more Versamark and then sprinkle with some more glazing powders.
I used one of the dies from Paper Rose Stitched Borders die set and went around the edge of the embossed panel.
To make the make and I cut a piece of coordinating cardstock at 31/4″ x81/4″ and distressed the edges. I then adhered the embossed panel to this piece.
I took a strip of the same colour cardstock that I used as a mat and heat embossed a sentiment using gold embossing powder and distressed the edges of it also.
I then die cut a floral twice from the Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems die sets and adhered the two together. I rubbed Versamark over the whole thing and sprinkled embossing glazes over the die in the same way I did for the panel and heat set it. Once cooled I attached it to the strip and attached whole panel to a card blank.