To make this card I first gathered my supplies:
Cardstock for the base of the card, background of the shaker, the sentiment and for cutting out the magnolia branch die. I chose to use navy cardstock for both my sentiment and backing of the shaker, white cardstock for my card base and I used glitter cardstock from Sizzix for the magnolia branches.
Acetate for the window of the shaker
sequins, shaker fillers
liquid adhesive or whatever adhesive you prefer to adhere die to acetate
I cut my card base to a 41/4″ x 51/2″ side opening card. The coverplate measures the full size of the card so I cut my acetate the same size at 41/4″ x 51/2″.
I used a glue stick to adhere the acetate to the diecut. I like using glue sticks for this application as they are more forgiving when placing it than a tape is giving you some time to line it up and move it if needed but they are not as wet as other liquid adhesives so I don’t worry about any glue oozing out the sides as can sometimes happen on the finer, smaller areas.
Once the acetate is attached to the die I put the foam tape around the edges of the back side of the acetate being sure to make sure it was completely outlined so none of the shake filling can fall out and leaving the backing in place. I love the thin strips of foam as they are convenient to use without having to cut a wider piece of foam tape down to size.
After I had the foam all around the edges I poured in some shaker fillers. There is a wide selection of fillers for shakers both in the store and online. I will link to some of the options below.
Once I had enough filler in I peeled off the tape on the foam tape and placed the navy cardstock on it to complete the shaker.
I then adhered the shaker to the front of my card base and heat embossed a sentiment on some more of the navy cardstock and attached that to the front of the card.