Creating the base:
I created this one layer slimline card using the terrific Slimline Wildflower Meadow stamp from Crafters Companion and some Distress inks.
First I cut some Hammermill paper to size. My finished slimline card measures 3.75″ x 8.5″. To obtain this, I cut my 8.5″x11 paper across at 71/2″ scoring the large piece at 3.75″. The remaining smaller piece measures 3.5″ x 8.5″. I will use this piece and just trim down the ends slightly to create the perfect size for my card panel.
Then I took my distress inks and ink blended a night sky with the sun setting. You could do any sky background you want using whatever is your preferred colour combination. Here I used a combinations of oxide inks in scattered straw, dried marigold, tumbled glass, broken china, and chipped sapphire. I used ink blending brushes to apply the ink. Remember if you use brushes on your oxides, don’t also use them on your distress inks as you can contaminate the inks. I have separate sets of brushes that I keep for each ink type.
Next I put my inked panel into my stamp positioner and stamped using Versafine ink in Onyx Black across the bottom of the card.
I used my heat tool on the panel to dry it. I wanted to ensure all the ink was dry before I heat embossed a sentiment. After heating it, I tested the panel by sprinkling it with a bit of embossing powder and when no powder stuck, I knew it was ready to heat emboss.
Next I placed the panel back in my stamp positioner and positioned my sentiment. In this case, I used Waffleflower Essential Sentiments but any sentiment will work.
A quick brush with my antistatic tool on the panel and then I was ready to stamp using Versamark embossing ink and some white embossing powder and I heat set it.
Finishing it off:
Lastly, before adhering the panel to my card base I added splatters. To do this I covered the wildflower silhouette with scrap paper so I didn’t get splatters on it. I splattered both some white from my posca pen and some metallic watercolours in pearl colour on the top portion of my panel. Then I adhered the panel to my base and the card is complete.